- Minnesota Chapter of national property management association.
- Annually celebrates members and industry partners.
- Interest and attendance at the annual member celebration and awards ceremony had been decreasing each year.
- The Social Committee wanted to grow the celebration from a casual after-work networking get together to a must-attend social event, including a sit-down dinner, gaming, and live entertainment.
- Increase attendance – both property managers and industry partners.
- Create “buzz” that would last beyond the event.
STEP 1: Staff and volunteers re-envisioned and budgeted the expanded event.
STEP 2: Created compelling sponsorship packages; volunteers solicited partners to sponsor.
STEP 3: Staff developed comprehensive marketing campaign to raise awareness and build excitement for new format.
STEP 4: Executed event to include red carpet, casino games, dueling pianos, and giant ceremonial check presentations
- 160% increase in sponsorship revenue over previous year.
- 20% increase in attendance over previous year.
INSIGHTS / LEARNINGS
- Though there was some pushback from sponsors to moving event to Friday night, members enjoyed bringing a “plus one” and having a more social atmosphere, and members from outside the Twin Cities were more likely to attend.