- 230+ member chapter of international CREW Network.
- Mission is to ignite the commercial real estate industry through the collective achievements and unique strengths of women.
- MNCREW was unable to hold their second annual MNCork wine tasting event in-person in 2020 due to COVID-19. The inaugural 2019 event attracted 250+ attendees and relied heavily on participant interaction and networking, as well as showcasing a new real estate development.
- This event contributes a large amount of sponsorship revenue to MNCREW’s operating budget and is a social highlight in the local real estate community.
- MNCREW had already made the decision to cancel some other high profile events in 2020 and wanted to find a way to provide a fun and engaging networking opportunity that could live up to the high level of polish they achieved with the 2019 event.
- Deliver an engaging, fun, and interactive event with the same spirit as the live event.
- Showcase event sponsors and partners in a meaningful way.
STEP 1: Research alternate delivery methods.
STEP 2: Develop updated budget.
STEP 3: Find the right partners for AV, food & talent (sommelier).
STEP 4: Plan logistics for full attendee experience.
- The virtual event attracted 190 highly-engaged attendees, with 100% of survey respondents saying they would attend again.
- Sponsors were given new, more intimate ways to connect with attendees via hosted Zoom breakout rooms.
INSIGHTS / LEARNINGS
- A virtual event that offers a unique experience can overcome Zoom fatigue.
- The right team can find creative solutions to COVID-era challenges.