- Diverse membership encompasses large international carriers and regional and specialty services.
- Provides a forum for members to share cutting edge developments.
- Fosters sharing across the industry.
When confronted with the possibility of canceling their 50th Annual Conference due to COVID-19, the Society of Insurance Research (SIR) chose to pivot their event to bring members together in a virtual setting for the first time. They did not stop there though. A passionate group of volunteers worked with the Harrington Company staff to reimagine the conference for the new virtual environment while also elevating benefits offered to attendees.
- Retain added value/energy of 50th anniversary while converting from in-person to virtual event.
- Increase attendance and perceived value for the event.
- 60% increase in attendance.
- 120% increase in sponsorships over previous in-person events.
INSIGHTS / LEARNINGS
- Extend over more days at no extra cost to attendees.
- Offer live and on-demand content.
- Expand sponsor/exhibitor benefits to offer innovative ways to connect with attendees.
- Use social media to keep event top of mind and help attendees stay engaged.